Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Exploring Creation with Physics and Chemistry

It's been a busy summer. However, I've continued to eek out time most days to write and revise the Physics and Chemistry book. This creation science textbook is undergoing the process of evolution, as each lesson unfolds, major changes have to be made. I've revised the Lesson titles several times. I may have to revise them again as I'm considering breaking up Lesson 2 into two different lessons. The reason I may do that is because I think it would be really fun for the kids to learn a little bit about most every element on the Periodic Table. I think it would be neat information for a homeschooled kid to have. Most every element has some interesting story or use in our world. For example, the strange and rarely mentioned element Americium is a radioactive element that is found in every home - it's encased in your smoke detector! Anyway, that would require a bit of a revision to make the Periodic Table it's own chapter, but my heart wants to do it. We'll see if I can make it work.

One really awesome aspect of this book is that the illustrious physicist and creation scientist, Jonathan Sarfati, is doing the technical edit on the book. He's checking my facts and correcting them when necessary. It's a huge safety net for me as I know that my examples and illustrations will be scrutinized, which ensures that the scientific excellence of my books continues.

I expect the book to be available by next summer. Although it could be sooner, depending on production.

I feel like this is going to be the best book yet!

1 comment:

  1. As a mom to 6 going on 7 children who are age 10 and under, I'm so excited about this book. You see, I have FOUR BOYS and they'll love this topic. The two girls will probably enjoy it but already love the zoology books. The baby to be will get to use it too eventually. Thanks for all the hard work you do!

    ReplyDelete